[1.3.6] Jul. 26, 2022¶
- Fixed OTA being incomplete.
[1.3.5] Jun. 03, 2022¶
- Fixed Fixed OTA exit not being called.
- Fixed an ambiguous type call with IPAddress.
- Fixed loss of response due to OTA session reset occurrence.
- Made fit the mqttRSSI examples to ThingSpeak's updated channel authentication.
For ESP-IDF 4.4 with Arduino ESP32 Core
AutoConnect 1.3.5 is the version compatible with both ESP-IDF 4.4 and ESP-IDF 3.3. It is recommended to use Arduino esp32 core 1.0.6 for ESP-IDF 3.3 based and Arduino esp32 core 2.0.3 or later for ESP-IDF 4.4 based.
If you are using PlatformIO as your development platform, you can select any of these two versions by specifying them in platformio.ini file.
- For ESP-IDF 4.4 with Arduino ESP32 Core 2.0.3
framework = arduino platform = firstname.lastname@example.org
- For ESO-IDF 3.3 with Arduino ESP32 Core 1.0.6
framework = arduino platform = email@example.com
[1.3.4] Mar. 02, 2022¶
- Supports LittleFS_esp32 legacy library with ESP32 Arduino core 1.0.6 or less.
- Added enablement of credentials removal function with Open SSIDs menu.
- Migrate the CI platform to GitHub actions.
- Fixed AutoConnectOTA crashing if there is no OTA partition.
- Fixed AutoConnectUpdate crashing if there is no OTA partition.
[1.3.3] Jan. 25, 2022¶
- Fixed the missing initialization of MQTT parameter settings of mqttRSSI.ino example sketch.
- Reverted the MQTT API endpoint of Thingspeak.com in the mqttRSSI example sketches.
- Changed ESP32Cam XCLK to be attenuated to avoid interference with WiFi signals.
[1.3.2] Jan. 1, 2022¶
- Supports an AutoConnectRange as a new AutoConnectElement.
- Adds the
responsiveparameter with AutoConnectAux.
- Adds an
- Adds an example for using AutoConnect with the ESP32 camera driver as WebCamServer.
- Fixed an issue where a password is lost when SoftAP is stopped.
[1.3.1] Oct. 09, 2021¶
- Fixed an issue that was incompatible with ArduinoJson version 5.
- Fixed LittleFS mount check not working with ESP32.
- Fixed autoReconnect not being able to restore a static IP setting.
- Fixed that static IP settings were not cleared when loading credential.
[1.3.0] Sep. 25, 2021¶
- Supports ESP8266 3.0.0 Arduino core.
- Supports ESP32 Arduino core 2.0.0.
- Supports LittleFS with ESP32.
- Supports AutoConnectOTA status notifications.
- Supports AutoConnectConfigAux. (Preview)
- Supports to save credentials always.
- Adds a
styleattribute with AutoConnectInput.
- Adds the
divtag generation with the AutoConnectElement.
operator with const char for AutoConnectAux.
AutoConnectAux::contentfunction to get a number of AutoConnectElements.
AutoConnect::getConfigfunction to get an actual instance of AutoConnectConfig.
- Fixed CSS attribute missing of AutoConnectInput with the number type.
- Fixed garbage being mixed in a loaded credential.
- Fixed the output place of Posterior attribute for AutoConnectRadio.
- Improved the the calculation for the size of ArduinoJson document.
- Fixed Incomplete deletion with AutoConnectCredential.
- Fixed credentials not erased correctly.
- Fixed AutoConnectText posterior being unavailable.
[1.2.3] Jan. 3, 2021¶
- Improved memory management.
PageBuilder v1.5.0 is required
Since AutoConnect v1.2.3, PageBuilder v1.5.0 or later is required. Please update PageBuilder to latest version.
[1.2.2] Dec. 13, 2020¶
- Fixed an issue where OTA updates would crash on the ESP32 platform. (issue #284)
With this fix,
AUTOCONNECT_UPLOAD_ASFIRMWARE_USE_REGEXPmust be enabled for regular expressions to be enabled in
[1.2.1] Dec. 5, 2020¶
- Fixed that not declared error with
AUTOCONNECT_NOUSE_JSON. (issue #282)
[1.2.0] Dec. 3, 2020¶
- Supports a whileCaptivePortal exit. (issue #149, issue #244)
- Supports an onConnect exit.
- Supports HTTP authentication. (issue #171)
AUTOCONNECT_APKEY_SSIDdefinition to seek access points by SSID. (issue #251)
- Added AutoConnect::append and AutoConnect::detach function that can be dynamically AutoConnectAux attaching and detaching. (issue #230)
- Added AutoConnect::getEEPROMUsedSize that notifies the occupied size of the credential storage area. (issue #209)
- Added AutoConnectConfig::beginTimeout setting. (issue #247)
- Added AutoConnectConfig::preserveAPMode setting. (issue #210)
- Enable support for the LittleFS as filesystem with ESP8266 platform.
- Enhanced AutoConnectInput to allow accepts password and number type. (issue #237, issue #255)
- Enhanced handleClient to dynamically launch the captive portal when losing WiFi connection.
- Enhanced the ability to upload a regular file with AutoConnectOTA. (issue #236)
- Enhanced ticker to work even in handleClient loop.
- Improved autoReconnect to work even in handleClient loop. (issue #234, issue #251)
- Avoids an empty-body warning when
AC_DEBUGis disabled. (issue #218)
- Fixed a core panic in the regex with ESP32.
- Fixed an exception in the AutoConnect::end function.
- Fixed an invalid SPIFFS compile error with ESP32.
- Fixed deficiently forward references with HandleClient.ino example. (PR #275)
- Fixed incorrect connection wait time. (issue #216)
- Fixed not being able to specify channel ID with a mqttRSSI.ino example. (issue #262)
- Fixed posterior being disabled in AutoConnectElement.
[1.1.7] Apr. 19, 2020¶
- Fixed Apply button not work.
[1.1.6] Apr. 17, 2020¶
- Fixed OTA page translation not work.
[1.1.5] Apr. 15, 2020¶
- Enhanced allows the AutoConnect::begin to connect to the access point in order of signal strength. This option can specify the order of connection attempting according to the WiFi signal strength indicated with RSSI.
- Changed the bootUri behavior to be an automatic pop-up at the captive portal.
[1.1.4] Feb. 14, 2020¶
- Supports for overriding text of the menu items with user-defined labels.
- Fixed the compiler warning with experimental WiFi mode of ESP8266.
[1.1.3] Jan. 1, 2020¶
- Improved Config New button behavior.
- Fixed relocate Config New menu URI inability.
- Removed compiler warning of unused.
[1.1.2] Oct. 22, 2019¶
- Fixed a crash when no SSID found.
- Fixed memory leak on destruction.
[1.1.1] Oct. 17, 2019¶
- Fixed crash with unique_ptr deleting reference content.
- Fixed disconnection request initialization missing.
[1.1.0] Oct. 15, 2019¶
- Enhanced to be able to specify static IP in the Configure new AP menu.
- Fixed compilation error that no member named 'printTo' with ArduinoJson version 5.
[1.0.3] Sept. 30, 2019¶
- Fixed a return of AutoConnectCredential::entries().
[1.0.2] Sept. 19, 2019¶
- Fixed compilation error that no member named 'success' with ArduinoJson version 5.
- Fixed SSID non termination.
- Fixed compilation error that getBytesLength missing with ESP32.
- Added #include directive restriction for EEPROM and ESP8266httpUpdate to FAQ.
[1.0.1] Sept. 13, 2019¶
- Added an example sketch for ESP32 boards that migrates credentials stored in EEPROM partition to the Preferences.
[1.0.0] Sept. 7, 2019¶
- Supports AutoConnectUpdate for the OTA update.
- Supported Arduino core for ESP32 1.0.3.
- Added AutoConnectAux::isValid function.
- Added the
globalattribute with all AutoConnectElements.
- Changed the credential storage area to Preferences with ESP32 core 1.0.3 and later. In ESP32, the credentials stored past in EEPROM will lose.
[0.9.12] Aug. 18, 2019¶
- Fixed missing captive portal notifications on the newer mobile OS client. As a result of this fix, the SoftAP default IP address and gateway have been changed to
[0.9.11] July 13, 2019¶
- Supports new element as AutoConnectSytle that can insert the custom CSS into AutoConnectAux page.
- Supports that
<br>tags can now be added to each element.
- Supports that able to place the checkbox label forward or backward.
- Supports flicker signal output according to the status of WiFi_mode.
- Supports AutoConnectAux::fetchElement function to retrieve inputted element values via a custom Web page.
- Fixed bug in AutoConnectCredential when offset is >256.
[0.9.10] June 12, 2019¶
- Fixed the unable to get AutoConnectElemets values in the sketch with ESP8266 arduino core 2.5.2.
[0.9.9] May 25, 2019¶
- Supports ESP8266 Arduino core 2.5.2.
- Menu text/background color can be statically customized.
- Added the enable attribute to the AutoConnectElements. This attribute gives dynamically change to the element activation during the sketch executing.
- Added ID attribute to HTML tag generated from AutoConnectText.
- Fixed the input box layout collapsed.
- Fixed that the decoration of AutoConnectButton was disabled.
- Fixed that the value remains even after clearing the option with AutoConnectSelect.
- Fixed that an alignment violation exception occurred when loading AutoConnectAux described by JSON with PROGMEM attribute.
[0.9.8] May 3, 2019¶
- Supports new element type AutoConnectFile and built-in file uploader.
- Enhanced to support ArduinoJson 6.9.1 or later.
- Enhanced to use PSRAM on ESP32 module as the buffer allocation destination of JsonDocument with ArduinoJson 6.10.0 or later.
- Added an operator
as a shortcut for AutoConnectAux::getElement function.
- Added an AutoConnectElement::as<T> function to easily coding for conversion from an AutoConnectElement to an actual type.
- Added a format attribute with the AutoConnectText element.
- Added a selected attribute with the AutoConnectSelect element.
- Enhanced AutoConnectAux::loadElement with multiple elements loading.
- Changed menu labels placement in source files structure.
- Changed API interface of AutoConnect::where function.
- Fixed blank page responds with Configure new.
- Fixed loading elements value missing.
- Fixed losing elements in saveElement with ArduinoJson version 6.
- Fixed compile error with older than ESP8266 core 2.5.0.
[0.9.7] Jan. 25, 2019¶
- Supports AutoConnect menu extension by user sketch with AutoConnectAux.
- Supports loading and saving of user-defined parameters with JSON format.
- Improved the WiFi connection sequence at the first WiFi.begin. Even if AutoConnectConfig::autoReconnect is disabled when SSID and PSK are not specified, it will use the information of the last established access point. The autoReconnect option will achieve trying the connect after a previous connection failed.
- Added the AutoConnectConfig::immediateStart option and immediately starts the portal without first trying WiFi.begin. You can start the captive portal at any time in combination with the AutoConnectConfig::autoRise option.
- Improved boot uri after reset. AutoConnectConfig::bootUri can be specified either /_ac or HOME path as the uri to be accessed after invoking Reset from AutoConnect menu.
- Improved source code placement of predefined macros. Defined common macros have been moved to
- Added AutoConnectConfig::hostName. It activates
- Added the captive portal time-out. It can be controlled by AutoConnectConfig::portalTimeout and AutoConnectConfig::retainPortal.
- Fixed crash in some environments. Thank you @ageurtse
[0.9.6] Sept.27, 2018.¶
- Improvement of RSSI detection for saved SSIDs.
- Fixed disconnection SoftAP completely at the first connection phase of the AutoConnect::begin.
[0.9.5] Aug.27, 2018.¶
- Supports ESP32.
- Fixed that crash may occur if the number of stored credentials in the EEPROM is smaller than the number of found WiFi networks.
[0.9.4] May 5, 2018.¶
- Supports AutoConnectConfig::autoReconnect option, it will scan the WLAN when it can not connect to the default SSID, apply the applicable credentials if it is saved, and try reconnecting.
- Automatically focus Passphrase after selecting SSID with Configure New AP.
[0.9.3] March 23, 2018.¶
- Supports a static IP address assignment.
[0.9.2] March 19, 2018.¶
- Improvement of string literal declaration with the examples, no library change.
[0.9.1] March 13, 2018.¶
- A release of the stable.